If you’ve had a filling before at a different practice, if this is going to be your very first dental filling, etc., for some, this treatment leads to the sensation of a stomach full of butterflies! Of course, from our Cleveland, TX team’s perspective, we can very quickly respond to you by saying that there’s nothing to feel nervous about! It’s quick, it’s going to be comfortable, and it’s so important to address decay! However, our empathetic nature causes us instead to reply by reminding you to ask us questions, bring up worries, and to remember: We are on your side, so let us help you feel so much better about your care!
Why Do I Need This?
Please feel more than welcome to ask us why you need a dental filling. We know that in many cases, when you feel like maybe you don’t really need a filling or you’re not entirely sure about what a filling is, it can cause nervousness. Here’s a quick rundown of all you need to know, so you can feel at ease and tell those tummy butterflies to go ahead and flutter elsewhere:
- Bad bacteria have eaten away some of your tooth’s tissue, leaving you with a problem called tooth decay
- The decay is going to continue, which means more of your tooth will be lost and you will end up with a wider and deeper hole
- The progression of decay leaves a bigger and bigger cavity, which often opens the door for infection and the need for treatment like a root canal or otherwise
- When we fill your tooth, we’re getting rid of the bacterial concern, the decayed tissue, and the problem ends
- Your tooth will feel and look healthy again!
What Are My Other Options?
When you realize that without a dental filling, you will be in serious danger with your oral health, you wonder if there are any other restorative treatments that may better suit you. If you ask us about this, we can remind you that a filling is the most minor of your options and the most appropriate. It lets you keep most of your tooth tissue. All we’re really doing is getting rid of the damaged tissue and replacing the tissue that’s lost. The result? The bacteria are swept out, your tooth is safe and whole in its structure, and all is well. It’s a much more conservative option than covering the tooth with a crown, for instance, or removing it!
Set Up Fillings ASAP
Don’t spend too much time procrastinating (or any at all, preferably) when it’s time for a dental filling. Instead, get your questions answered, schedule the date and time, and come on in to make your oral health better! Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland and all surrounding communities.