Are you starting to feel like your friends really like you but for some reason, they don’t want to stand very close to you when you’re chatting? Have you noticed that you get a better response from loved ones when you’re texting than when you’re face-to-face? Well then, you may be the current owner of a mouth letting loose some pretty terrible bad breath. The unfortunate news here is that you’re probably brushing and flossing but you’re still experiencing halitosis. The stellar news, of course? Our Cleveland, TX team can help you reclaim your reputation as person with exceptional breath with easy-to-follow suggestions.
Do A Double Take: Is Your Care On Point?
So, you say you take excellent care of your smile. Are you sure about that? Just because you’re running a brush over your teeth a couple times each day doesn’t mean you’re doing right by your smile. Remember that any amount of lingering plaque or food bits can add up to what becomes some ferocious breath. Do that double take we mentioned, so you can be absolutely sure you’re keeping your smile spotless:
- Great brushing translates to brushing your teeth every single day, two times a day, while spending about two minutes each session
- Don’t skip out on that essential daily flossing or bad breath will follow
- Forgetting something? You need twice-a-year cleanings with us, too (because no matter what, you’re definitely going to miss a spot)
Get Real About Hydration
Drinking lots of soda and coffee but water … not so much? Drink up. A dehydrated mouth is a smelly mouth!
Spend Some Time With Us
Yes, we know, there might be something else you’d like to be doing but since you’re hiding out due to your yucky breath anyway, you may as well spend it with us, your friendly dental team! If you cannot seem to get to the bottom of why you’ve got bad breath but you’re starting to think it’s something beyond your control, you really need some one-on-one time with us. A dental checkup will potentially lead to one of the following:
- We will discover that you have a cavity or other issue and, as long as you fix the problem with our recommended care, you’ll be back on track with fresh breath!
- You might just need a dental cleaning, so remember not to skip them! One every six months can help you avoid such a conundrum.
- About that hydration: If you’re not getting enough water on a daily basis or something is inhibiting your mouth from maintaining its moisture, this could be the culprit (and we can help).
Tell Us When Your Breath Is Bad!
Who else do you know who gets excited to help you, up close and personal, with your bad breath? When unpleasant oral odors strike, coming in to our practice is the surefire method of regaining a fresh smile! Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland and all surrounding communities.