As you have likely noticed over the course of your experience as a dental patient, a variety of smile disorders exist. Hopefully, you will never find yourself face to face with a single one of them! However, if you do, rest assured that we offer comprehensive dental care to restore your oral health. As for the types of issues that can occur, you may wonder where they come from and if you can brush and floss to prevent nearly any problem with dental hygiene. Great news: Our quiz will set the record straight.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: No matter what, problems with your smile will be caused by your dental hygiene. If you fail to brush and floss correctly, it may lead to everything from cavities to TMJ disorder.
- True or False: Diseases that develop as the result of poor hygiene, which can occur due to lax home care as well as neglecting professional visits, include tooth decay, infection, and gum disease.
- True or False: Functional disorders are those that are associated with the supportive structures that make up the framework of your smile (and how well they are capable of working together).
- False. Dental hygiene is certainly the cause of many problems. However, these are referred to as “hygiene related diseases.” Other problems, known as functional disorders, are not related to your hygiene.
- True. When you ignore your care at home and with us, or if you are simply not practicing it effectively enough, excessive bacteria may lead to problems like cavities, infections, and more (even bad breath).
- True. Functional problems affect the muscles, ligaments, joints, etc., that support your smile. Common concerns include bruxism disorder and TMJ disorder.
See Us For A Diagnosis Today
If you think something is amiss with your oral health, we invite you to come see us ASAP for a dental checkup to protect your smile. Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland, Kingwood, New Caney, Conroe, Livingston, Huffman, and all surrounding communities.