Do you know whether or not your smile requires special molar care? Are you certain about how to optimize your dental hygiene to ensure your entire smile is remaining as healthy as possible? To see where you stand on your current knowledge of daily care as it relates to your molars (and your entire smile), we think a quiz will help offer any clarity you may be seeking.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: It’s important to recognize that your molars are the only teeth that develop cavities.
- True or False: Your molars are going to require special dental hygiene, when compared with the rest of your teeth, meaning you should focus the most time on them when you brush and when you floss. You’ll also need special products.
- True or False: We suggest the placement of sealants on children’s teeth because molars are more difficult to care for, meaning decay becomes more likely on these teeth.
- False. Every single one of your teeth can develop cavities, including but absolutely not limited to your molars.
- False. Your molars require the same dental hygiene approach as the rest of your smile. You should be brushing for two minutes, twice a day, focusing on each one of your teeth and every surface equally. You should also floss your smile once a day.
- True. While adults have the focus and skills to thoroughly all of their teeth, children often miss spots. Since molars are so full of crevices, they are often very difficult for little ones to reach and to clean. Sealants help kids until they are accustomed to detailed dental hygiene.
Keep Your Entire Smile Clean And Healthy With Visits
Your dental checkups and cleanings will help you keep your smile healthy, all while you learn how to promote excellent oral health protection at home. Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland, Kingwood, New Caney, Conroe, Livingston, Huffman, and all surrounding communities.