When you’ve thought through your options and you are very ready to make your smile whole and complete once more, you may find that it’s time to learn more about dental implants. As you already know that trying to research such things on your own can backfire, leaving you full of misinformation and confusion, you may wonder how to proceed. Fortunately, we can easily walk you through the steps regarding learning more and what you can expect. A general introduction will give you a much clearer vision regarding whether implants may be a contender!
First, Schedule Your Consultation
Before you do anything else, if you think you want to become more educated about dental implants and you also wonder if you may qualify, then now is the time to schedule a consultation. This is a visit during which we do not perform any treatments. Instead, it’s time to talk with one another! You ask questions, we ask questions. You provide us with answers, we provide you with answers. You will quickly learn all you need to know to decide whether implants may be a possibility for you.
Next, Understand The Basics
Now, it’s time to become familiar with what to expect. When you choose dental implants, the following is a general outline of what will take place when you meet with a trusted oral surgeon that we refer you to:
- Planning will require advanced imaging of your smile and may require physical or digital impressions
- Implant posts will be surgically placed within jaw tissue
- You will recover, while the implants fuse with your jawbone over the course of several months
- You will receive the placement of final restorations over implants to complete your treatment
- Follow-up visits may be required
- The entire process may require about a year of your time
Find Out About Implants From Our Practice
When you’re thinking that implants may be your prosthetic of choice, seeing us for a consultation is a wonderful first step. Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland, Kingwood, New Caney, Conroe, Livingston, Huffman, and all surrounding communities.