Do you have an aching tooth? Have you noticed sensitivity to hot or cold foods and drinks? Often, a toothache can mean you have a problem that requires dental treatment. What causes a tooth to ache and what can you do address or avoid further pain?
Try Our Quiz on Toothaches
- True or False: Sinus issues can lead to aching teeth.
- True or False: Persistent pain could mean tooth decay or injured teeth.
- True or False: Treatment can safeguard your smile.
- True or False: You can help prevent further decay.
- True. When you have a sinus infection, allergy problems, or simply move to higher elevations, such as when flying in an airplane or visiting a mountainous area, you may experience brief sensitivity. However, these aches will be short lived and pass after a few hours.
- True. Discomfort that lasts for more than 48 hours is often a sign you have decay, or a tooth has been damaged via injury or bruxism (teeth grinding). You should see the dentist or the problem could grow worse until you develop serious oral health concerns, such as a dental infection or even an abscess.
- True. We can treat the causes of your discomfort. For example, we can place a crown or use dental bonding to fixed cracked, chipped, or worn-down teeth. We can use a tooth-colored filling to repair cavities and return your tooth to optimal health and function.
- True. You can start by cutting back on sugary foods and drinks, which can promote cavities. You can also see us every six moths for a checkup, during which we will examine your smile for signs of bruxism, decay, or other common oral health issues. We can also perform a cleaning to remove plaque and prevent cavities. Finally, be sure you brush your teeth twice a day and floss every night before bed.
Do You Need to See Us?
If you have sensitive or aching teeth, we can help with our restorative dental procedures. Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland, Kingwood, New Caney, Conroe, Livingston, Huffman, and all surrounding communities.