Have you recently learned the basics about bruxism disorder, which causes you to wonder if perhaps it is affecting your oral health? Or, do you assume this issue has nothing to do with you because you don’t remember ever clenching or grinding your teeth? (Hint: You won’t always know that you’re doing it). To help you get straight to the factual information you need to keep your smile safe, give yourself a leg up with the assistance of a quiz. (Then, of course, if you think you require care, give us a call to schedule your checkup).
True or False?: Quiz Questions
- True or False: If you’re someone suffering from bruxism disorder, you will always know right away because the symptoms are completely obvious.
- True or False: If one of your friends doesn’t notice that you’re bruxing, you’ll probably never be able to figure it out.
- True or False: When you deal with bruxism, treating the problem is often very difficult.
- False. This is often a silent problem for quite some time simply because most patients clench or grind unknowingly.
- False. There are also some obvious symptoms that can point to the fact that you’re experiencing bruxism disorder. You might display worn teeth, deal with chewed tissue in your mouth, notice your tongue has border indentions, and we can most certainly detect the problem during your visits.
- False. As soon as you receive a diagnosis, we can create a plan to begin treating you with bruxism treatment! You’ll use a mouthguard in bed at night to address the problem. Easy!
Avoid Bruxism With Helpful Facts
Keep up with your twice a year dental visits to ensure we have the chance to detect issues like bruxism before they become problematic. Call our Cleveland Family Dentistry office in Cleveland, TX, today at (281) 592-1234. We proudly serve patients and their families from Cleveland, Kingwood, New Caney, Conroe, Livingston, Huffman, and all surrounding communities.