When Valentine’s Day rolls around, it might bring a mix of excitement and dread for you. First, you’re excited because it’s a lovely day that is all about romance! Next, of course, it’s a day that tends to provide you access to a lot of sugar, which you are well aware isn’t really ideal for your smile and oral health. To ensure you have a truly great time (without feeling worried or guilty the whole day), we are happy to help you prepare with a quick holiday-themed quiz!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: There’s no reasonably safe way to eat candy on Valentine’s Day without putting your oral health in serious danger.
- True or False: If you want to celebrate this holiday without focusing on eating a lot of sugar, there aren’t really any decent alternatives.
- True or False: If you cannot keep a toothbrush and toothpaste on hand to clean your smile, there’s not much of a reason to try any other methods of cleaning your teeth after indulging in candy or other treats.
- False. There is a reasonably safe way to indulge in some candy from time to time. First, make sure it’s nothing too hard (or too sticky). Then, just rinse with water and brush afterwards. It’s best to wait a half hour after rinsing before you brush.
- False. You can do anything that speaks to you! While candy is certainly a common way to celebrate, you can wear red or pink, you can buy yourself or a loved one flowers, you can make a card, you can listen to romantic music: Whatever suits your fancy!
- False. Rinsing well with water after you eat treats is very helpful. Chewing sugarless gum for about 20 minutes after you’ve consumed something that isn’t great for your oral health is another very beneficial way to protect your teeth and gums!