The sense that your dental hygiene requires serious commitment and time is a feeling that is shared by many dental patients. You need to come in for visits, you brush, you floss, you purchase products. It seems like a lot sometimes. However, is it really? Or is it just a matter of finding a routine and sticking with it until it feels streamlined and simple? We are happy to get to the bottom of this with you with a quick quiz. (Hint: As you may have guessed, caring for your smile takes very little time!).
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you’re doing everything according to our guidelines for effective dental hygiene, you’re spending only around five to six minutes a day (on average) to clean your smile.
- True or False: If you’re keeping up with your care with our practice, you’ll need to schedule an appointment with us only two times per year.
- True or False: When it comes to shopping for a new toothbrush, it’s something you’re going to need to do only three to four times a year.
- True. You should brush your teeth for two-minute sessions. Those sessions should occur twice daily. You should also floss for a minute or two (only once a day). When you add that up, it’s about five to six minutes each day for dental hygiene. Not much time at all!
- True. It doesn’t take many appointments for a cleaning and checkup to help protect your oral health.
- True. Since you only need a new brush every three to four months (and there are 12 months in a year), this means shopping for a new version of this dental hygiene instrument will be required only three to four times a year (unless you stock up with backups, of course!).